With this certification, STEP joins a respected group of nonprofits nationwide that has demonstrated the pledge and skill to purposefully leverage volunteers and to successfully deliver on our mission.
Support the Enlisted Project announces that we have been certified by CaliforniaVolunteers as a Service Enterprise. A Service Enterprise fundamentally leverages volunteers and their skills to successfully deliver on the social mission of their organizations.
With this certification, STEP becomes one of the first organizations in California to be recognized as s Service Enterprise by CaliforniaVolunteers, the state service commission in California. Research conducted by the TCC Group, a national program and evaluation firm, found that organizations operating as Service Enterprises outperform peer organizations on all aspects of organizational effectiveness, and are more adaptable, sustainable and capable of scaling their work.
With support from Cindi Phallen, President of Create Possibility, STEP completed an extensive assessment, training, consulting, and certification process that led to this recognition. By achieving this level of excellence and certification, STEP is now better equipped to leverage the time and talent of volunteers in building our organizational capacity.
Because of our volunteers, STEP is able to make the difference in the lives of young military families. Over 7,100 hours were donated by more than 70 volunteers last year. Volunteers bring their talents to every department at STEP. Last year STEP’s volunteers donated their time and talents towards:
• Reviewed over 600 Applications for Assistance and provided Financial Education and Counseling
• Wrote more than 60 Grants to secure critical funding for STEP programs and services
• Managed Programs
- Spring Baby Drive resulting in more than $50,000 in donations of critical baby gear and supplies
- Sharing the Joy resulting in 529 individuals (300 children) in 116 young military and veteran families receiving holiday support
- Military Family Appreciation Carnival resulting in a fun-filled event for 478 individuals in 100 young military families
• Taught 6 Financial Freedom Seminars impacting more than 50 young military families
• Participated in more than 30 Community Awareness outreach events
• Staffed the First Annual Cammies to College event resulting in increased awareness of educational resources for more than 200 service members and veterans
• Organized and maintained STEP’s warehouse space ensuring that 327 babies and toddlers in 106 military and veteran families were able to access critical resources
• Wired and networked STEP’s new office space
Posted on 08/16/2016 at 03:40:00 PM